The Cercle Libanais de Luxembourg is pleased to welcome you to its first round-table
exploring with other professionals from Luxembourg potential opportunities and challenges to doing business with the Middle East and North Africa region.
Building bridges with the MENA region:
How can Luxembourg remain competitive for MENA investors?
with the kind sponsorship of:
Luxembourg, 18 February 2016
Starting 6.30pm at Hotel Le Royal, 12 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg
With a quality label for the marketing of financial products around the world, Luxembourg is a gateway to the European market that has progressively earned the position of trusted partner for MENA professionals.
Wealth Management in Luxembourg for MENA investors
Private Banking represents one of the leading activities of the Luxembourg financial centre. Almost every Private Bank in Luxembourg has a MENA desk or a branch in the Middle East. Luxembourg structured finance tools together with the support and sponsoring of its authorities, have attracted professionals from the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia. Luxembourg boasts a broad investment treaty network with over 70 countries, including an important number of countries from the MENA region.
- Amine Bechara, Director, Bemo Luxembourg.
- Patrick Casters, Head of Wealth Management International, BIL
- Jean Elia, CEO, Sogelife SA.
- Quentin Vercauteren Drubbel, Head of Wealth Management, KBL European Private Bankers S.A.
- Roger Hage, Head of Middle East and Africa, BGL-BNP Paribas.
Investment structures and structuring opportunities for MENA investors in Luxembourg
The investment fund industry has played a key role in building bridges with the MENA region.
Luxembourg investment funds are used by Middle Eastern promoters for a wide range of investments which include transferable securities, real estate, tangible assets, and microfinance. In the last five years, we have witnessed the consolidation of Islamic finance in Luxembourg: many initiatives have materialised and paved the way to a steadily growing industry. 2014 has been an outstanding year for the listing of Sukuk on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange, while in 2015 we witnessed a slowing down of the trend, what are the forecasts for 2016?
- Anouar Hassoune, Managing Director, Euris Group.
- Joyce Liyan, Head of Unit, Mandate Policy and Development, Mandate Management Department at the European Investment Bank.
- Jean-Michel Pacaud, Partner, Luxembourg AIBD Leader, EMEIA Financial Services at Ernst & Young.
- Fouad Rathle, Director, Garanti Bank, and former president of the IFBL.
Moderator: Jad Nader, Docteur en droit, Counsel, NautaDutilh Avocats Luxembourg S.à r.l.
Parking is available at Hotel Le Royal
Bookings are closed for this event.